Group Policy on treating customers fairly (“TCF”)
Policy Statement: Treating Customers Fairly
We recognise that our clients are our most valuable asset and therefore, their fair treatment is a primary consideration for Leaf Capital.
Our aim is to support the Financial Services Board (FSB) in creating a sustainable financial services industry by ensuring that the financial needs of our clients are met appropriately. To this end, Leaf Capital maintains a culture of client-centeredness, openness and transparency. Our aim is to promote and protect client interests at every stage of the client’s interaction with us.
The TCF Outcomes
Our approach is informed by the guidance provided by the FSB in order to ensure that we consistently deliver fair outcomes by taking responsibility for the actions of the business and our staff at all levels.
The FSB has prescribed six outcomes which act as a guideline to promote the fair treatment of clients:
|Outcome 1||Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture|
|Outcome 2||Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly|
|Outcome 3||Customers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale|
|Outcome 4||Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances|
|Outcome 5||Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect|
|Outcome 6||Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint|
Our commitment to our clients includes:
- Ensuring proper KYC and due diligence procedures are followed in order to ascertain the client’s identity, details, financial status and needs in order to model an appropriate transaction that is most appropriate to the circumstances of the client
- Preparation and maintenance of complete records
- Disclosure of all applicable costs and risks associated with a transaction
- Ensuring that clients understand the risks associated with a transaction or service and assurance that a detailed mandate is signed between ourselves and the client in the case of our discretionary services
- Clear and upfront disclosure of any conflict of interest in order to enable the client to make an informed decision
- Clear and concise communications to clients that are written in plain English
- Assurance that our authorised representatives receive on-going training on the products and services they recommend
- Due consideration of client feedback and timeous resolution of any complaints
- Effective management and control of our employees’ Personal Account Trading to ensure that no such trading takes place until authority has been obtained and assurance that the risk of insider trading is strictly controlled
- Creation of a corporate culture that perpetuates the TCF outcomes prescribed by the FSB
Complaints about our services
In the event that you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our products or services, please contact our offices. Should you wish to complain about an authorised representative kindly address your complaint in writing to Jacqueline Hathorn (key individual).
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you are entitled to refer it to the FAIS Ombud who is contactable at the details below:
The FAIS Ombud
Address: PO Box 74571, Lynnwood Ridge 0040
Tel: 012 470 9080
Fax: 012 348 3447,
For more information go to www.faisombud.co.za